OpenSeaMap Forum

For new registrations: Please create and activate an account. Afterwards send an email to forum.openseamap@gmail.com including a short message and your username to get write access to this forum. Thanks!
Für neue Registrierungen: Bitte erstelle einen neuen Account und schalte ihn frei. Anschließend sende eine kurze Mail mit deinem Nutzernamen an forum.openseamap@gmail.com um Schreibzugriff für dieses Forum zu bekommen. Danke!

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-31 20:45:47

TomFreudenberg
Website

OpenSeaMap .osm.pbf files

Hello,

I want setup a (two) local TileServer for partial OpenStreetMap layer and OpenSeaMap layer.
I followed guides to create my private postgresql gis database and used osm2pgsql to
import OpenStreetMap partials. I used files named *.osm.pbf downloaded from geofabrik.de.
On top I configured mapnik and tirex to serve the local tiles.

That part works well now!

Now I want to create the OpenSeaMap layer source but cannot find the database import files
like *.osm.pbf.

Am I wrong or did I miss something how to get the vector data (World Map) from OpenSeaMap
to insert into my local (second) gis database?

Thanks for a hint where to get or how I have to proceed to enable a local OpenSeaMap
tile server.

Cheers,
Tom

#2 2015-03-31 21:48:46

malcolmh

Re: OpenSeaMap .osm.pbf files

The OpenSeaMap data is also contained in the OSM database. All objects with a "seamark:type=*" tag are used to generate seamark layer tiles. The code is at: https://github.com/OpenSeaMap/renderer

Malcolm Herring, Developer

#3 2015-03-31 23:10:32

TomFreudenberg
Website

Thanks for your info, I will have a look on your link.

#4 2015-03-31 23:13:02

TomFreudenberg
Website

Just one question in addition:

Is it correct, that the "magic" configuration is in osm.xml and I do have to configure the osm.xml to include all wished contents?

#5 2015-04-01 14:17:24

malcolmh

I don't understand the question. Could you be a bit more explicit?

Malcolm Herring, Developer

Board footer