OpenSeaMap Forum

For new registrations: Please create and activate an account. Afterwards send an email to forum.openseamap@gmail.com including a short message and your username to get write access to this forum. Thanks!
Für neue Registrierungen: Bitte erstelle einen neuen Account und schalte ihn frei. Anschließend sende eine kurze Mail mit deinem Nutzernamen an forum.openseamap@gmail.com um Schreibzugriff für dieses Forum zu bekommen. Danke!

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-02-17 08:44:57

kasimir61
Website

Bug found in world.osm

Hi,
within the latest Files of world.osm, it gives massive Problems (found for Germany, example Area Berlin) with the Bridge Signs/SeamarksYou can find this Problem in all offline Apps, what are using Openseamap file world.osm
in <tag k="seamark:notice:orientation" v="xx"/> looks like are lot values wrong and dont show the Signs in correct degree!
I found it also in OSMand+

Example for this are Bridge in "oranienburg" before Lock
in Berlin are lot Bridges on the Way from Berlin to Potsdam and inside Germany i all lot wrong orientation.
I think in rest of europe where is used signs with orientation can be same..

Is there any what know this or have something changed ?
I also have here after complete new Maps the same Problem with Seamarks.

Any Idea, what is here wrong ?

Regards Kasi

#2 2016-02-18 07:26:51

malcolmh

Re: Bug found in world.osm

Could you please provide the node number of an example notice that you believe is in error?

Malcolm Herring, Developer

#3 2016-02-18 15:58:28

kasimir61
Website

malcolmh wrote:

Could you please provide the node number of an example notice that you believe is in error?

Hi Malcom
i attach some Screenshots.
The Errors you can also see in Offline Maps of osmand+ (Seamarklayer) , Watertrack latest layer Pro version. Fatal is, in your Online Layer i miss 50% from all Bridge Symbols in Berlin (Center) (Regierungsviertel) - It looks like your Online Map dont show longer all Bridge Symbols - i found in Berlin and around Berin on Map map.openseamap.org - not more then 20-30 Bridge Symbols, that is wrong, because in Berlin and Brandenburg we have nearly all Bridges this Symbols. And the last two World files this is all missing and rotate is wrong. On our Offline Maps after rendering is lot of this Bridge Markers not longer valid or dont exists longer.

A good Idea is to check all around Berlin with OSMand + - there you see this on the Oflline Map on most Bridges in Berlin and brandenburg area and big Rivers in south of Germany.

I attach you 2 Examples of lot Symbold you found on Rhein in Germany or bigger Rivers and also inside Berlin and up to Oranienburg.
You also see this on otherOffline Maps again, what all using same Variable to rotate the Bridge Symbols to correct degrees for showing right!

Regards Kasi

bridge1.png
and this
bridge2.png
and this
bridge3.png

This are only 3 Examples of lot more wrong Signs..
In my actual Map - only Germany, i found nearly 50 wrong Bridge Symbols !

Let me know, what you mean..

And in your Online Map - you have not 25% of the Bridgesymbols alone in Berlin, what exists.

We have all Render Functions check twice and think first, our render Theme is not fine, but as we see, that all other Offline Maps have the same Problem, it must be a Problem in world.osm file.

Regards

Last edited by kasimir61 (2016-02-18 16:06:37)

#4 2016-02-18 18:18:08

malcolmh

I checked the Humboldtbrücke example and found that the problem is not with world.osm, nor the online map renderer, but with original OSM data. I corrected the orientations of the Humboldtbrücke notice marks & now they display in the expected orientations.

world.osm is no more than an extract from the OSM DB of seamarks. If the OSM data is incorrect, then that must be edited. In the case of Berlin, the area is only partially covered by the WSV data, so on-the-gound surveys will be needed to complete some of the data. Some corrections, such as orientations, can be done by armchair mapping as I just did.

#5 2016-02-19 16:39:43

kasimir61
Website

This means this edited Datas are then also in next Update of world.osm also ?
regards Kasi

#6 2016-02-19 17:16:22

malcolmh

Yes. world.osm is updated daily at midnight UK time.

#7 2016-02-19 17:35:39

kasimir61
Website

Hi Malcom
Is it from interest that i forward all Bridges, what Users of our App found to correct it ?
and what you need - so i will forward this into our Site, that Skippers inform us about Bugs like this ?
regards Kasi

Board footer