OpenSeaMap Forum

For new registrations: Please create and activate an account. Afterwards send an email to forum.openseamap@gmail.com including a short message and your username to get write access to this forum. Thanks!
Für neue Registrierungen: Bitte erstelle einen neuen Account und schalte ihn frei. Anschließend sende eine kurze Mail mit deinem Nutzernamen an forum.openseamap@gmail.com um Schreibzugriff für dieses Forum zu bekommen. Danke!

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-12-22 20:45:08

yachtman

Another newby

Been lucky enough to have been boating since I was 11.

last 40 years in europe, coastal & inland etc. Now in the UK with a deep draft motor yacht on the shallow river severn.

As there are no published charts with  depths shown I intend to produce some, initially up to Worcester, starting with the shingle & rocky bends  if only to save damage to my stern gear, and hopefully encourage the canal & river Trust to invest in some dredging.

I use open cpn with  British Admiralty charts supplied by visit my harbour when at sea in the uk.  Dutch hydro office free electronic charts when in holland. Intend buying a digital depthsounder  and gps tof fit in the Rib at the boat show as my walker one does not transmit nema.

I can supply links to the ea for river levels , but I am not certain if historic levels are obtainable.  nothing like elwis  and bsv or flood marke II & III  available here!

So the realy useful thing you guys will do is turn my hard data into i useful kap chart for the river, at the moment I am using google earth for the land features, but obviously there is no nav info.

Last edited by yachtman (2013-12-22 20:58:45)

#2 2013-12-23 17:28:48

malcolmh

Re: Another newby

A place to find historical tide gauge data is http://www.bodc.ac.uk/.

Malcolm Herring, Developer

#3 2013-12-23 19:32:39

yachtman

Re: Another newby

but it is historical river levels in this instance

Board footer