OpenSeaMap Forum

For new registrations: Please create and activate an account. Afterwards send an email to forum.openseamap@gmail.com including a short message and your username to get write access to this forum. Thanks!
Für neue Registrierungen: Bitte erstelle einen neuen Account und schalte ihn frei. Anschließend sende eine kurze Mail mit deinem Nutzernamen an forum.openseamap@gmail.com um Schreibzugriff für dieses Forum zu bekommen. Danke!

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-12-05 08:03:40

thomas

caribbean chart can not be transfered on garmin 1020xs

Hi,

I need some help regarding the offered OSM of the caribbean. I tried to transfer it to my Garmin 1020 xs. I copied it into the Garmin folder as requested. When I insert the SDHC into the provided slot at my Garmin 1020xs it shows me that there is a map on the sdhc card. It says 'BB-Bridgetown v0.00' and so on. So I think Garmin is recognizing the map but I can not transfer it on my Garmin sonar. I even do not have access to it whether to the map nor on the sdhc with my Garmin.
My local dealer couldn't help.

Maybe someone might help here?

Thank you very much.

Kind regards

Thomas

#2 2014-12-18 10:27:44

zenfunk

Re: caribbean chart can not be transfered on garmin 1020xs

When I first downloaded, the map from the southwest Indian Ocean I too had problems getting them displayed. Only after removing all the other maps from the SD card of my Garmin Etrex 20, it got recognized. I thought it probably had to do with too much saltwater exposure and age, because sometimes the SD card doesn't get recognized at all, but probably there is a more serious issue there. Did you try any other Map?

Best regards,
Christian

Board footer