OpenSeaMap Forum

For new registrations: Please create and activate an account. Afterwards send an email to forum.openseamap@gmail.com including a short message and your username to get write access to this forum. Thanks!
Für neue Registrierungen: Bitte erstelle einen neuen Account und schalte ihn frei. Anschließend sende eine kurze Mail mit deinem Nutzernamen an forum.openseamap@gmail.com um Schreibzugriff für dieses Forum zu bekommen. Danke!

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-01-18 16:19:22

kubrick

Kelp areas and land color vs contour

Hi,

I'm doing a lot of work on the Kerguelen Island area these days. And I have a few rendering issues to report:
* Kelp areas are not rendered (they represent a major navigation danger in the area)
* leading lines and transit lines are both rendered as dashed lines (leading lines should be plain AFAIK)
* if I change an Island contour line, the change gets reflected in OSeaM in a weird way: the contour line is changed bu the background colouring stays at the same place...

Any advise to resolve this would be welcome.

Best regards,

François.

#2 2016-01-18 17:15:52

kubrick

Re: Kelp areas and land color vs contour

#3 2016-01-18 20:10:14

malcolmh

New renderings are added in response to requests, so I will add kelp in the next few days.

The seamark:type "navigation_line" is always rendered as a dashed line, regardless of its category. The difference between "transit" and "leading" or "clearing" is that "transit" does not imply a safe navigational path. The solid line rendering is for a "recommended_track". This is an extension of a "navigation_line" and should illustrate the stretch that is safe for navigation. See: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Sea … ding_Lines

I have corrected your tagging on the example, so it should now be as you intended.

Coastline changes are not immediately re-rendered. OSM do this periodically, so you may have to wait for a week or more.

Malcolm Herring, Developer

#4 2016-01-18 22:06:47

kubrick

I saw your changes. Absolutely amazing, thanks for the quick response.

#5 2016-01-19 14:23:20

kubrick

Hello,

I see Kelp rendering has started to work. However, I don't know if it's a rendering issue or me who didn't understand how multipolygons work but this is not quite what I indented:
http://map.openseamap.org/?zoom=14&lat= … FFFFFFFFTT

F.

#6 2016-01-19 16:16:02

malcolmh

The current renderer does not work with multipolygons. For now, you will need to make a closed way that wraps around the area.

#7 2016-01-19 19:02:52

kubrick

Sounds rather annoying, suboptimal and it looks likely that it will have to be undone one day. I guess it's better if I wait for the renderer to support multipolygons?

#8 2016-01-19 22:41:17

malcolmh

The new renderer that I am working on fully supports multipolygons, if you map them now, they will be rendered when it comes on stream.

Board footer