OpenSeaMap Forum

For new registrations: Please create and activate an account. Afterwards send an email to forum.openseamap@gmail.com including a short message and your username to get write access to this forum. Thanks!
Für neue Registrierungen: Bitte erstelle einen neuen Account und schalte ihn frei. Anschließend sende eine kurze Mail mit deinem Nutzernamen an forum.openseamap@gmail.com um Schreibzugriff für dieses Forum zu bekommen. Danke!

You are not logged in.

#11 2015-06-29 19:18:39

malcolmh

Re: Cardinal missing

I have just finished re-building the planet DB, and so the renderer (from which world.osm is generated) is processing the backlog. As I write, it has reached 13:41UTC on Saturday. It will take another day to catch up with the present.

Malcolm Herring, Developer

#12 2016-02-16 11:26:17

lepipasd

Re: Cardinal missing

Hello everyone,

I want to create a tile server. The goal is to display the whole planet but I am only interested about maritime data: list of lights, total-tides, depth of sea, radio signals, harbors.

After some search I have found that all OpenSeaMap objects in planet.osm have a "seamark:type=*" tag. I also read in another post here that there also exists a pre-extracted OSM file with all the OpenSeaMap objects which can be downloaded from:

tiles.openseamap.org/seamark/world.osm

Does this file (world.osm) include all the necessary data mentioned above?

For the tile server I have to create a postgres db with the postgis extension enabled. How may I import the world.osm file (xml format) in my db? Is osm2pgsql appropriate for this? or should I use another command line tool?

Except from the world.osm file should I append in my db other data like coastlines (http://openstreetmapdata.com/data).

Please provide me with some instructions (tutorials) on how to the tile server with data from OpenSeaMap.

Thanks in advance...

Board footer