OpenSeaMap Forum

For new registrations: Please create and activate an account. Afterwards send an email to forum.openseamap@gmail.com including a short message and your username to get write access to this forum. Thanks!
Für neue Registrierungen: Bitte erstelle einen neuen Account und schalte ihn frei. Anschließend sende eine kurze Mail mit deinem Nutzernamen an forum.openseamap@gmail.com um Schreibzugriff für dieses Forum zu bekommen. Danke!

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-01-22 16:08:19

alexej

Problem displaying the charts in OpenCPN

All problems specifically regarding the display and handling the chart within OpenCPN belong in here.

Alexej

#2 2016-01-25 08:20:08

alexej

Re: Problem displaying the charts in OpenCPN

There have been reports of crashes in OpenCPN 4.1.XXX with the kap chart bundles. There seems to be a technical problem, which should be solved with the next beta release of OpenCPN and our newer chart bundles dated later than today.

Alexej

#3 2016-02-07 14:02:13

alexej

Hi all,

OpenCPN 4.2. is out. It solved the problems reported here so far. The current bundles are loaded and displayed correctly.

Still I have to find a solution for 'legacy' installations of OpenCPN.

Alexej

#4 2016-03-12 19:01:55

gshegosh
Website

Hi,

First of all thank you for all the work you put into OpenSeaMap and downloadable chart extracts.

I don't know if it's a proper place to report bugs? In Baltic charts, the L12-0002_1.kap has some black squares -- see http://i.imgur.com/xPTWiPX.png

Also, is there some Github repo or other place where I would be able to find code to generate these extracts? I would love to render some tiles using this method so I can use it in my offline route browser, but don't know where to start. Tried some Vagrant with OpenStreetMap in PostGis, but rendering OpenSeaMap is different.

#5 2016-05-10 19:13:33

alexej

Hi Gshegosh,

I did for some time not monitor the forum, so I found your post only today.

The chart bundles were produced from already rendered tiles which we retrieve by a way analogous to your browser when you visit the online map. So there is no github repo which features therendering process.
Furthermore to render the 'original' tiles used in the online map we currently transit to using mapnik, whose description is largely covered in openstreetmap. Traditionally we had some specialized code to render seamap, but this is not actively supported now anymore, so we transit to mapnik.

The black squares are tiles which our process did not retrieve in time and which slipped somehow our postproduction control. I  just uploaded a new version of the baltic chart bundle.

Which 'offline route browser' do you refer to? Basically using the charts offline is the idea behind the chart bundle production. Currently we provide the kap chart bundles usable by OpenCPN. Maybe we can provide chart bundles for your offline chart browser too?

Alexej

#6 2016-05-10 19:21:26

alexej

Hi all,

today the first v2 chart bundles were finished and ready for download.

Solved are the reported problems with OpenCPN V4.X and some other programs too.
- The charts have worldwide unique names, so there are no interferences between charts in different chart bundles due to their names.
- The crashes due to color 0 in the bsb index are solved.
- The crashes due to the last scan line index in the kap line index are solved.
- The matching of colors, to reduce the 24 bit colors to 128 palette colors are enhanced, minimizing color 'drifting' between neighboring charts.

Alexej

Board footer