OpenSeaMap Forum

For new registrations: Please create and activate an account. Afterwards send an email to forum.openseamap@gmail.com including a short message and your username to get write access to this forum. Thanks!
Für neue Registrierungen: Bitte erstelle einen neuen Account und schalte ihn frei. Anschließend sende eine kurze Mail mit deinem Nutzernamen an forum.openseamap@gmail.com um Schreibzugriff für dieses Forum zu bekommen. Danke!

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-28 14:48:02

jram

Carribean Chart set

Hi there,

I have downloaded this chart set for OpenCPN and was looking at it.  However, the charts seem devoid of refined depth data in the Bahamas - am I missing something?

Thanks smile

#2 2017-01-10 06:35:28

alexej

Re: Carribean Chart set

Hi Jram,

I would like to wish you a happy new year and good luck.

I don't know, if you did miss something, but regarding the depth data, the OpenSeaMap charts do not currently show shallow water depth data.

This is due to two facts:

OpenSeaMap is a voluntary run project and can in no wise take reponsibility for the accuracy of the published data, i.e. charts. In case of everything above water, this is not a problem, but with depth data it is. Here we still work on a legal solution...

For quite a time we run a project to collect depth data from the crowd and compose depth charts from that, these are not yet publishable.

You might have observed, that the online charts do not show depth data for shallow waters, so the offline charts don't too.

Sorry to give you this, I agree, disappointing reply,
Alexej

Board footer