OpenSeaMap Forum

For new registrations: Please create and activate an account. Afterwards send an email to forum.openseamap@gmail.com including a short message and your username to get write access to this forum. Thanks!
Für neue Registrierungen: Bitte erstelle einen neuen Account und schalte ihn frei. Anschließend sende eine kurze Mail mit deinem Nutzernamen an forum.openseamap@gmail.com um Schreibzugriff für dieses Forum zu bekommen. Danke!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-08 03:18:38

joakimsk

Diving sites not showing

Hello OpenSeaMap,

I have been trying to populate OpenStreetMap with divesites according to article OSM Wiki Tag sport scuba_diving, but I have yet to see these rendered in OpenSeaMap under the "Sport"-category.

Can anyone enlighten me to why this is not happening?

My end goal here is to create an app for divesites only, but on the way there, having a good data source is essential, and I figure OpenSeaMap is also a nice way to render divesites to begin with. In the future, also with the depth data.

Here is a permalink
OpenSeaMap Gili Tepekong

I have created two divesites on the east side of this island, but I guess they have yet to be synchronized. I have also checked older sites I added around Pulau Seribu near Jakarta, but nothing there either.

Thank you, have a wonderful day.

Last edited by joakimsk (2017-03-08 03:21:32)

#2 2017-03-08 06:05:52

Axel
Administrator

Re: Diving sites not showing

Hi,

welcome to OpenSeaMap!

The sport layer on http://map.openseamap.org that is supposed to display the divesites is unfortunately not working.
There is no render infrastructure for this layer anymore.

However we are working on a new online chart. Is has a preview for a scuba diving layer already: http://aaxee.github.io/online_chart_ol3 … 0011010000
It uses http://overpass-api.de to fetch the sportsites on demand and renders them on the client.
You can find the source here: https://github.com/aAXEe/online_chart_ol3

Are you planning to release our app under an open source license?
That platforms are your target?
As I am a scuba diver too I am interested in such a app.

Regards,
Axel

Axel Utech, OpenSeaMap developer

#3 2017-03-15 05:04:45

joakimsk

Hello Axel and thank you,

Thanks for the information, and good work on the new online chart. Will this replace the map.openseamap.org eventually?

As of right now, the app is merely a dream, but I hope if it some day become reality, to release it under an open source, maybe forking Maps.Me sourcecode to get started. Platforms would be native Android, iOS and web.

Thanks again, and keep up the good work.

#4 2017-03-23 04:26:37

Markus
Administrator
Website

Hi, are you a programmer?
If you are familiar with OpenLayers, you can help to provide the diving-layer smile

joakimsk wrote:

I have been trying to populate OpenStreetMap with divesites according to article OSM Wiki Tag sport scuba_diving, but I have yet to see these rendered in OpenSeaMap under the "Sport"-category.

Every edit will be shown within about 10 minutes.

Maintainer

Can anyone enlighten me to why this is not happening?

Unfortunately the old maintainer who did a good work retired. And with him his server.
Now we have a new server, but we need a new maintainer too smile

My end goal here is to create an app for divesites only

Great!

Mapping

I have created two divesites on the east side of this island

Looks already fine in the database.

In the aerial photo I see in the north some rocks. On the Island some building structures.
Is the light in the right place?
May be you can improve the chart using your local knowledges?

1km NE of the island, there are some more islands, which are not in the database...

Water depths

There are a lot of uploaded boat-tracks in the database around the islands.
May be you can ask the skippers for uploading the depth data to depth.openseamap.org
Please share the Flyer for skippers to them.

Bests, Markus

Last edited by Markus (2017-03-23 06:59:30)

Board footer