OpenSeaMap Forum

For new registrations: Please create and activate an account. Afterwards send an email to forum.openseamap@gmail.com including a short message and your username to get write access to this forum. Thanks!
Für neue Registrierungen: Bitte erstelle einen neuen Account und schalte ihn frei. Anschließend sende eine kurze Mail mit deinem Nutzernamen an forum.openseamap@gmail.com um Schreibzugriff für dieses Forum zu bekommen. Danke!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-02 09:05:26

Ironicsven
Website

AT5 charts for Lowrance, Simrad and B&G

Just in case you didn't notice... there are new AT5 charts which are updated twice a month:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/AT5 … mrad_B%26G

I'm the new maintainer for AT5 and would be glad to receive some feedback and improvement suggestions.

Best regards
Sven

OpenSeaMap AT5 charts maintainer

#2 2017-08-13 11:11:42

Rockpool

Re: AT5 charts for Lowrance, Simrad and B&G

Hi Sven

The latest charts are a great improvement! I tried the charts on my B&G Zeus plotter earlier in the year and was rather disappointed. There were numerous errors in the coastline which made the charts virtually unusable. Many bays and estuaries were missing with straight lines across the mouth.

The new version (this week's) is very good when zoomed in. The only problem I've noticed is that as I zoom out rivers & streams become more prominent and this continues until the land is unrecognizable whereas they should become less prominent and eventually disappear. Roads, which I presume are similar linear features, behave correctly.

I'm using version A12. I've tried A13 but only got a crude outline basemap. I haven't tried A10 yet.

Thanks for your good work!
Bob

#3 2017-08-13 11:34:42

Ironicsven
Website

Hi Bob,

could you please provide me a screenshot and a location (preferably coordinates) where rivers and streams are to prominent? I need an good example to improve the maximum zoom levels.

There is no difference between A10 and A12 regarding zoom levels.

Best regards
Sven

#4 2017-08-16 06:03:38

fjanus

Hello Ironicsven,

sorry for posting in the wrong thread, posted to your initial thread a feedback to Lowrance Maps. See there.

rgds

#5 2017-08-17 17:07:51

Rockpool

Hi Sven

I've got some screenshots (7) which show the problem on zooming. How do I send them to the forum?

I've now tried the A10 charts and they are a bit better - the small streams do eventually disappear as I zoom out but so do some important navigation buoys.

Best regards,
Bob

#6 2017-08-19 07:11:45

Ironicsven
Website

Rockpool wrote:

How do I send them to the forum?

I've tried to send you my E-Mail address. Please check your inbox.

Best regards
Sven

#7 2017-08-21 16:08:51

Axel
Administrator

Rockpool wrote:

I've got some screenshots (7) which show the problem on zooming. How do I send them to the forum?

Have a look to the Forum help: https://forum.openseamap.org/viewforum.php?id=11

Due to security reasons you can not directly upload files to our forum. You have to upload them somewhere else and embed them via links.

Regards,
Axel

Axel Utech, OpenSeaMap developer

#8 2017-09-22 09:00:49

Rockpool

Hi Sven,

I've just tried the mid-September version of the charts on my B&G Zeus T7 plotter.

The A13 version still doesn't work. I mainly just get a crude outline of the coast but at certain zoom levels I do now get some roads and rivers.

The A12 version is much improved! The rivers and streams disappear as I zoom out just as the other land features do. This means the chart is usable at all zoom levels. However navigation marks and traffic separation schemes also disappear when, I feel, they should still be visible.

The A10 chart appears to be the same as the A12.

Thank you for your efforts - just some fine tuning needed now!

Regards, Bob

#9 2017-09-22 12:26:55

Ironicsven
Website

Hi Bob,

I'm sorry but I couldn't find any spare time to finish working on your findings yet.

Is your plotter using the latest firmware? v13 should look the same like v12 or shouldn't work at all.

Regards
Sven

#10 2017-09-26 16:52:18

Rockpool

Hi Sven

I've just double-checked that I am using the latest version of the firmware although it is dated 2014 as the plotter has been superseded.

Best regards,
Bob

Board footer