OpenSeaMap Forum

For new registrations: Please create and activate an account. Afterwards send an email to forum.openseamap@gmail.com including a short message and your username to get write access to this forum. Thanks!
Für neue Registrierungen: Bitte erstelle einen neuen Account und schalte ihn frei. Anschließend sende eine kurze Mail mit deinem Nutzernamen an forum.openseamap@gmail.com um Schreibzugriff für dieses Forum zu bekommen. Danke!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-05 07:21:20

laurentiu907

Editing and adding river km on seamap

Hi guys.

I'm trying to edit Danube river seamarks. My intention is to add river km on the map so it will be displayed.

At the current moment, the map looks like this, although it has object on the JOSM.

general.jpg

The JOSM looks like this:

existent.jpg

Using Seamark objects I've added this node.

nou.jpg

Could you please confirm that this is the right way to do it? Or do you have another certified procedure so I don't make wrong changes?

Thanks in advance for your help!

#2 2017-10-05 19:34:57

AdVerburg

Re: Editing and adding river km on seamap

Hi Laurentiu,

First, it helps the reader when you give a link to the location where you write about, f.i. http://map.openseamap.org/?zoom=16&lat= … TFFFFFFFFF
Or give an id of the node / way f.i.  Node 5149562422. Because the pictures are so tiny and therefore unreadable.

The OpenSeamap show your marks, so far so good. (Remember it takes some time before the edits become visible.)

A typo?: seamark:distance_mark:units=kilometer (US-spelling) should be kilometres (UK-spelling).(Worldwide both values are used, 501 with kilometer, and 6274 with kilometres.)

Have a look at http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag: … tance_mark.
The marks should go increasing from the source (beginning) of the river… Here I see it the other way around. By the way, where did you get the values from?

The location of the marks: is it really IN the river, I would expect these on shore.

Have a lot of pleasure with your project.

#3 2017-10-06 04:14:38

laurentiu907

Re: Editing and adding river km on seamap

Thanks AdVerburg!

I've already found distance_mark, it's awesome. I will make the appropriate changes. The values are from Danube River Navigation books last edited and printed in paper form in 2010. The information is widely available.

I've found on the map some "fix-me" nodes, what can I do with them? They seem to show unclear information.

Please recheck if you find something strange. I've started in Hungary, Fokto, but I will continuosly update the 2397 km distance.

Board footer