OpenSeaMap Forum

For new registrations: Please create and activate an account. Afterwards send an email to forum.openseamap@gmail.com including a short message and your username to get write access to this forum. Thanks!
Für neue Registrierungen: Bitte erstelle einen neuen Account und schalte ihn frei. Anschließend sende eine kurze Mail mit deinem Nutzernamen an forum.openseamap@gmail.com um Schreibzugriff für dieses Forum zu bekommen. Danke!

You are not logged in.

#11 2017-10-27 22:49:36

Rockpool

Re: AT5 charts for Lowrance, Simrad and B&G

Hi Sven

I've just laid up my boat for the winter so I thought I should give feedback on the current situation. I tried the mid-November versions with the same result as post #8 (A12 worked well and A13 didn't work at all).

In future, could you possibly supply a change log so that we can comment on the latest changes you are making?

For your information, I've used 2, 4, 8 and 16GB cards with the files both in and not in the root folder.

Thanks again,
Bob

#12 2017-10-28 08:32:16

Ironicsven
Website

Hi Bob,

sorry but I still haven't changed anything on the production system yet. It's hard for me to find spare time to work on the project but I hope I can finish all tasks until the season next year begins.

I might add a changelog to the zip files the next time I change something on the production system.

Best regards
Sven

OpenSeaMap AT5 charts maintainer

#13 2018-05-30 09:26:20

Lobo

Hi Sven,

My plotter is a B&G Zeus Touch 8.
I downloaded the v12 charts. They work - but there is a lot less detail than on http://map.openseamap.org/ (or on my smartphone with OSMAnd).
For comparison I have taken pictures of the chaartplotter with different zoom levels and a screenshot of the same area on http://map.openseamap.org/.
The area is around Port St. Louis du Rhone, Golfe du Fos, South France.
ZeusT8_1.jpg
ZeusT8_2.jpg
OSM_online.jpg

Why are the details not visible on the plotter?

#14 2018-05-30 09:37:25

Ironicsven
Website

Hi Lobo,

there are less details in AT5 charts because some chartplotters will slow down until they are practically unusable and the runtime of chart generation will dramatically increase if there are to much details. Therefore I've left everything off that is not necessary for boating.

Does the missing water appear if you zoom in?

Last edited by Ironicsven (2018-05-30 09:39:02)

#15 2018-05-30 14:28:52

Lobo

Hi Sven,

Yes, this sounds reasonable. Unfortunately the missing water (e.g. marina of Port St. Louis, marina of Port Napoleon, the narrow entrances to both, and the river Rhone with the lock between Port St. Louis and the river) is still being displayed as solid land even in the highest zoom level.

I thought that maybe these areas are considered to be inland waterways and information for them is stored in the files SouthEurope_*?
But somehow it does not seem to make any difference whether I have these files on the SD-card or not. I do not see any roads either.
Could it be an issue with these files or with my downloaded version of them?

If you think this could be the root cause, I'd like to ask you for md5sums for these files. Then I can download them again and make sure mine are not corrupted. Internet is very... unreliable in this port...

#16 2018-05-30 14:55:59

Ironicsven
Website

Please try the West Europe download.

#17 2018-05-31 11:30:49

Lobo

Thanks!
That's it.
I misinterpreted the coverage map. Instead of just looking at the colors I looked at the lines separating the areas "nach kulturraumlichen Kriterien".

Thank you for your help and for the great work!

Board footer