OpenSeaMap Forum

For new registrations: Please create and activate an account. Afterwards send an email to forum.openseamap@gmail.com including a short message and your username to get write access to this forum. Thanks!
Für neue Registrierungen: Bitte erstelle einen neuen Account und schalte ihn frei. Anschließend sende eine kurze Mail mit deinem Nutzernamen an forum.openseamap@gmail.com um Schreibzugriff für dieses Forum zu bekommen. Danke!

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-11-15 16:37:50

jgnfld

Time delay before nav mark is posted??? and editing error???

I am completely new to openseamap. I do sail out of Holyrood, Newfoundland. An important buoy in the area is a smart buoy operated by the Marine Institute of Memorial University of Newfoundland.  It s a special purpose weather collection buoy not far from the marina entrance.

I tried adding it in JOSM. It appeared to upload, but I do not see it displayed. This is important as I mistyped the longitude value into my calculator when converting to decimal degrees and so the location is misplaced by to the east .1 minutes of longitude.

The position as I typed it is (original data is public domain from the Marine Institute website):

47.3910233333 N
053.116026666 W

This position is incorrect and is on fact on land nearby. The longitude value should be corrected to 053.132693333W.

Did it not get uploaded, or is there  delay?

Thanks for any help out there.

#2 2012-11-15 16:57:44

malcolmh

Re: Time delay before nav mark is posted??? and editing error???

Rendering edits on the Seamark layer can take several hours to appear, depending on queue length.

Please let me know the node number & I will check it out for you.

Regards,
Malcolm

Malcolm Herring, Developer

#3 2012-11-15 16:59:37

jgnfld

malcolmh wrote:

Rendering edits on the Seamark layer can take several hours to appear, depending on queue length.

Please let me know the node number & I will check it out for you.

Regards,
Malcolm

Where can I get the node number?

#4 2012-11-15 17:15:19

malcolmh

In JOSM, select the node, then from the "View" menu, select "Advanced Info". The node number is at the top of the pop-up panel.

#5 2012-11-15 17:24:59

jgnfld

OK. If/when it appears (will a nav mark even appear on land?), I will try to edit and post results here.

Thanks.

#6 2012-11-15 17:59:13

malcolmh

I have looked at the location you gave, but there is nothing there. Either your upload failed, or else the co-ordinates are different to those you posted here.

Log into OSM, go to your profile and select "my edits". You will be able to see from that list what you have done recently. Clicking on the changeset number will tell you more, including the node number(s) that you edited.

PS: I found your node - its longitude was east, not west so it was just north of the Caspian Sea! I have moved it to your intended position.

#7 2012-11-16 18:47:05

jgnfld

Oh dear...THAT was a bit of a mistake. I'll try to do a much better job on any subsequent feature.

Actually I'm going out to work on my boat this weekend which is cradled very near the range marker at Holyrood NL that has some question marks on the node. Possibly I may be able to fix up the question marks there without placing it into the Caspian.

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

Board footer