OpenSeaMap Forum

For new registrations: Please create and activate an account. Afterwards send an email to forum.openseamap@gmail.com including a short message and your username to get write access to this forum. Thanks!
Für neue Registrierungen: Bitte erstelle einen neuen Account und schalte ihn frei. Anschließend sende eine kurze Mail mit deinem Nutzernamen an forum.openseamap@gmail.com um Schreibzugriff für dieses Forum zu bekommen. Danke!

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-11-03 06:35:32

skippern

Rendering Style Sheet

I find it quite complicated working with the plugin, so I have for a long time tried to figure out a way to make a tagging preset.

I have also for quite some time documented on the OSM wiki the INT-1 symbols and assosiated tags. I have in that process almost completed a INT-1 scheme tagging preset file though there are a lot of duplifications and some errors in it.

It would be quite some help if I could get access to the renderer style sheet, so I could read how things are rendered, that way I could correct the errors in the tagging preset and clean it up.

A. Johnsen aka Skippern
Master Mariner, MWS, Marine Consultant

#2 2012-11-03 08:51:50

malcolmh

Re: Rendering Style Sheet

You can view all OpenSeaMap software at: http://openseamap.svn.sourceforge.net/v ... penseamap/

The renderer stylesheet is: http://openseamap.svn.sourceforge.net/v ... er/rules.c

Malcolm Herring, Developer

#3 2012-11-08 19:23:56

skippern

I see that the semarks are harvested out of the general dataset and aliased into some really obscure codes before passed to a general renderer. I guess this is partly to generate the arcs on the light houses, but it seems to me that prety much everything in the  seamark layer is passed through this harvester.

After noticing this, I see absolutly nothing wrong in slacking a little up in that super rigid tagging scheme used. If you can alias seamark:type=buoy_lateral + seamark:buoy_lateral:colour=red;green;red + seamark:buoy_lateral:colour_pattern=horizontal into buoy:colour=RGRH, than aliasing seamark=landmark + landmark=statue into seamark:type=landmark + seamark:landmark:category=statue shouldn't be any problem

A. Johnsen aka Skippern

#4 2012-11-08 22:36:37

malcolmh

You must be looking at the old Osmarender stylesheet. I used to pre-process the tags into something that minimised the number of Osmarender rules needed. That renderer is no longer used. The current renderer is 'searender', a purpose-written C program that can render the OpenSeaMap tags directly into SVG. The code for this is at: http://openseamap.svn.sourceforge.net/v ... searender/

Malcolm Herring, Developer

#5 2012-11-10 13:50:44

skippern

I was looking at both. Anyway, the harvesting allows for more flexible rendering, as several tag combinations can be rendered into the same rule. That way there is no reason to, in the renderer, treat seamark=landmark + landmark=* any different than seamark:type=landmark + seamark:landmark:category=*

A. Johnsen aka Skippern

#6 2014-10-29 06:39:01

dhoom

Yes, body colours & striping can be set by clicking the small >> button on the left of the panel. This will bring up another sub-panel with the colours & patterns as well as several other object parameter settings.

Pass your iseb training course You can get our 100% COMPTIA certification practice test Alabama State University contains all those materials you want to Columbia University paced test engine to help you pass Northwestern University

Last edited by dhoom (2014-11-15 10:41:24)

Board footer