OpenSeaMap Forum

For new registrations: Please create and activate an account. Afterwards send an email to forum.openseamap@gmail.com including a short message and your username to get write access to this forum. Thanks!
Für neue Registrierungen: Bitte erstelle einen neuen Account und schalte ihn frei. Anschließend sende eine kurze Mail mit deinem Nutzernamen an forum.openseamap@gmail.com um Schreibzugriff für dieses Forum zu bekommen. Danke!

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-12-12 23:21:16

JMcA

Broken SeaMap Plugin install

After I updated JOSM 5531 to the latest version 5608 using the windows installer on my windows 7 laptop, The SeaMap editor no longer functions.  The window pops up when it is invoked, but  nothing is displayed but the menu bar w/ <File> and <Help> selections.
I had been using the editor successfully for several months.  I did the obvious, updated the plugin and installed in the new version.  The SeaMark editor item is present under the tools menu.

I've tried to get the editor back by uninstalling the 5608 version and reinstalling the earlier 5531 version of JOSm, but now SeaMap editor is broken in the same way in the old version.

Anyone know whats wrong or have any hints to fix this problem?

I also have an older XP laptop.  I upgraded the JOSM on that machine to 5608 without problems and the SeaMap editor functions correctly on that machine.

One possible clue:  I first had trid to do the upgrade using the  " Launch josm.jnlp (version 5608) recommended version, all platforms, automatic update (​Web Start) "
option on the JOSM homepage, but the process did not sucessfully complete.  I them tried via the windows download option w/ the result reported above.

Thanks for any help.

Jim

#2 2012-12-13 00:15:09

malcolmh

Re: Broken SeaMap Plugin install

Jim,

Something got broken in the build file. I restored an older version & rebuilt the plugin. It now seems to be OK. Try updating your plugins & let me know if this works.

Regards,
Malcolm

Malcolm Herring, Developer

#3 2012-12-15 21:57:05

JMcA

Malcolm,
I uninstalled and then re-installed both JAVA and JOSM then everything seemed to work after that.  Maybe it overlapped your effort and my local actions were not the real fix.  I'm back up and running now.
Thanks.
Jim

#4 2014-09-16 07:56:56

zohaa

marine_farms are not rendering....

It would also be cool if we could map out floating restaurants, floating houses, etc

zoha

#5 2014-09-17 07:11:10

malcolmh

Could you please provide the latitude & longitude of your marine farm mapping?

For floating restaurants, etc, try "seamark:type=hulk". See: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Open … 8CATHLK.29

Malcolm Herring, Developer

Board footer