OpenSeaMap Forum

For new registrations: Please create and activate an account. Afterwards send an email to forum.openseamap@gmail.com including a short message and your username to get write access to this forum. Thanks!
Für neue Registrierungen: Bitte erstelle einen neuen Account und schalte ihn frei. Anschließend sende eine kurze Mail mit deinem Nutzernamen an forum.openseamap@gmail.com um Schreibzugriff für dieses Forum zu bekommen. Danke!

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-12-15 22:03:50

JMcA

No wake area

I wish to show a no wake area on the map, but I can't seem to get it right.  Nothing shows on the map.

Should the area's perimeter way be tagged -  seamark:restriction=no_wake ?   ...or something else?

Thanks.

Jim

#2 2012-12-16 08:16:14

skippern

Re: No wake area

seamark:type=restriction_area with seamark:restriction_area:restriction=no_wake I would guess, though according to tagwatch there are some who have tagged seamark:restriction_area:category=no_wake also

A. Johnsen aka Skippern
Master Mariner, MWS, Marine Consultant

#3 2012-12-16 12:09:08

malcolmh

The correct tagging is "seamark:type=restricted_area" plus "seamark:restricted_area:category=no_wake" There is no specific INT-1 symbol for such areas, so I have created one based on the no_wake notice mark symbol. These tags can either be placed on a way that encloses the area, or if those limits are uncertain, on a node in the approximate centre of the area. Remember that the way should have a clockwise direction for the correct rendering.

Malcolm Herring, Developer

#4 2012-12-16 12:14:45

malcolmh

PS: don't guess! Instead, start by looking at: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Open ... Tag_Values

Malcolm Herring, Developer

#5 2012-12-16 12:48:25

JMcA

malcolmh wrote:

PS: don't guess! Instead, start by looking at: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Open ... Tag_Values

Thank you for pointing me at this info.  I had not previously found it.

Jim

#6 2016-11-15 09:31:52

mike121

JMcA wrote:

I wish to show a no wake area on the dale hollow lake map, but I can't seem to get it right.  Nothing shows on the map.

Should the area's perimeter way be tagged -  seamark:restriction=no_wake ?   ...or something else?

Thanks.

Jim

Hi
you can switch to another map.

Board footer