OpenSeaMap Forum

For new registrations: Please create and activate an account. Afterwards send an email to forum.openseamap@gmail.com including a short message and your username to get write access to this forum. Thanks!
Für neue Registrierungen: Bitte erstelle einen neuen Account und schalte ihn frei. Anschließend sende eine kurze Mail mit deinem Nutzernamen an forum.openseamap@gmail.com um Schreibzugriff für dieses Forum zu bekommen. Danke!

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-12-17 10:56:28

JMcA

how to tag "rock"

I wish to show some shallow rocks.

Since there is an object " rock " in the list at http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Open ... rk_Objects , I expected " Seamark:type=rock " would be correct, but nothing seems to show on the map.

What am I doing wrong?

Also, I have not been able to find the tag combination to display "recommended_track" or " recommended_route_centreline " .

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Jim

#2 2012-12-17 12:34:44

malcolmh

Re: how to tag "rock"

You are doing nothing wrong, the renderer did not implement that feature. I have now fixed that.

"seamark:type=rock" is the correct tag.

There are three symbols in INT-1 for underwater rocks: K11, K12 & K13. I have made K13 the default case. To invoke the other two, it is necessary to add the tags:
"seamark:rock:water_level=covers" for rocks that cover & uncover with the tide - K11
"seamark:rock:water_level=awash" for rocks that are awash at all states of the tide - K12

Malcolm Herring, Developer

#3 2012-12-19 16:05:12

JMcA

One suggestion , now that "Rock" renders on the map: 
I see that "rock" symbols show at zoom level 12 and higher.  Beacons and buoys don't appear until zoom level 14.
The chart looks odd at the small scale with the rocks showing so prominently.  I think it would be better if "rock" symbols also did not appear until at most level 14 but maybe wait untill level 16.

Also "anchorage" symbol shows way back at zoom level 9.  This also seems too soon.

Thanks.

Jim

#4 2012-12-20 11:38:40

malcolmh

I have changed the lowest zoom for rocks & wrecks down to 14 and the anchorage zoom down to 12 (the same as harbours/marinas). I will wait until some re-rendering is done to see how this looks in context.

Malcolm Herring, Developer

Board footer