OpenSeaMap Forum

For new registrations: Please create and activate an account. Afterwards send an email to forum.openseamap@gmail.com including a short message and your username to get write access to this forum. Thanks!
Für neue Registrierungen: Bitte erstelle einen neuen Account und schalte ihn frei. Anschließend sende eine kurze Mail mit deinem Nutzernamen an forum.openseamap@gmail.com um Schreibzugriff für dieses Forum zu bekommen. Danke!

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-10-28 09:16:29

Markus
Administrator
Website

OruxMaps for Android

OruxMaps works fine :-)

Last edited by Markus (2013-12-13 15:45:37)

#2 2015-01-16 12:42:11

johny59

Re: OruxMaps for Android

Nope for sure. Them works well only at online.
Offline the most of androids have hard limitation 2GB for file size, whilst maps has typical size 3.8GB...3.2GB, and Orux is uncapable to operate maps staying on other place (as inserted data carrier) other than installed folder. And it not allow to be installed outside the main memory. Thus, external card permits 4GB but not permit Orux, inner card allow Orux but not permit fill in the charts. Fine??

Then I found the cure for this, just reformat system onto FAT32+ instead of inherrent FAT32 (You ought to know that most of producers are not willing to compass with exFat as it demands money from them). And had got response from device producer (IBM=Lenovo is this shame-name) they dismiss my warranty if I use files large like maps.

And second, for offline use until now I had not found any possibility to see the layers like navigation lights and dangerous objects and deepth. They just seems unexists in the maps named GARMIN-NAUTICAL-CHART. Dont believe those layers are not existing there inside, thus this may be a rendering question for Orux.
Probably I need to activate a certain knob???

#3 2016-08-28 10:59:31

Thertow

Re: OruxMaps for Android

johny59 wrote:

Nope for sure. Them works well only at online.
Offline the most of androids have hard limitation 2GB for file size, whilst maps has typical size 3.8GB...3.2GB, and Orux is uncapable to operate maps staying on other place (as inserted data carrier) other than installed folder. And it not allow to be installed outside the main memory. Thus, external card permits 4GB but not permit Orux, inner card allow Orux but not permit fill in the charts. Fine??

Then I found the cure for this, just reformat system onto FAT32+ instead of inherrent FAT32 (You ought to know that most of producers are not willing to compass with phen375 review exFat as it demands money from them). And had got response from device producer (IBM=Lenovo is this shame-name) they dismiss my warranty if I use files large like maps.

And second, for offline use until now I had not found any possibility to see the layers like navigation lights and dangerous objects and deepth. They just seems unexists in the maps named GARMIN-NAUTICAL-CHART. Dont believe those layers are not existing there inside, thus this may be a rendering question for Orux.
Probably I need to activate a certain knob???

i also find OruxMaps really helpful on my device. but just like what you have said, Orux is only good if its online. i think most maps works fine when used online because its more on time and informations are more accurate.

Last edited by Thertow (2016-11-02 22:17:16)

Board footer