OpenSeaMap Forum

For new registrations: Please create and activate an account. Afterwards send an email to forum.openseamap@gmail.com including a short message and your username to get write access to this forum. Thanks!
Für neue Registrierungen: Bitte erstelle einen neuen Account und schalte ihn frei. Anschließend sende eine kurze Mail mit deinem Nutzernamen an forum.openseamap@gmail.com um Schreibzugriff für dieses Forum zu bekommen. Danke!

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-05-15 19:28:10

eclipse

i pad

Hi all, I am new to the openseamap forum & apologise if this is dealt with before, I am sailing from UK to Turkey this summer and am trying to work out the best/ cheapest way of using the electronic charts available. I have an 8 year old Garmin map plotter but it would cost a fortune to buy all the data cards to cover from UK to Turkey. I'm willing to buy an ipad & use opensea charts if they have enough detail, what will the ipad do, does it show gps co ordinates/position, can you plot a course with waypoints etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

#2 2014-05-17 23:00:45

trailblazr
Website

Re: i pad

eclipse wrote:

I'm willing to buy an ipad & use opensea charts if they have enough detail, what will the ipad do, does it show gps co ordinates/position, can you plot a course with waypoints etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, just have a look at the website for the OpenSeaMap app there you can see a lot of screenshots and get a feature description. Also a visit to the AppStore site is helpful because it has a description of the app.

If you have further questions just ask me, I am the developer of this app.

Helge

Developer of the OpenSeaMap app for iOS (iPhone, iPod & iPad)
OpenSeaMap app on the AppStore

Board footer