OpenSeaMap Forum

For new registrations: Please create and activate an account. Afterwards send an email to forum.openseamap@gmail.com including a short message and your username to get write access to this forum. Thanks!
Für neue Registrierungen: Bitte erstelle einen neuen Account und schalte ihn frei. Anschließend sende eine kurze Mail mit deinem Nutzernamen an forum.openseamap@gmail.com um Schreibzugriff für dieses Forum zu bekommen. Danke!

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-06-01 10:22:44

plepot

New to sail cruising, old on navigation

Hello everyone,

I am new to sail cruising, second time this year. We onboarded friends who are taking care of the land activities. I foudn out that OI was personnally well equiped but they were pretty without information. I ended up on this OpenSeaMap and decided to contribute to the map by encoding on a regular basis information from Navionics and other info.

All the best to you,

Phil

#2 2014-06-02 07:23:56

malcolmh

Re: New to sail cruising, old on navigation

Phil,

Please do not copy data from copyrighted sources without explicit permission from the copyright holders. Navionics are not likely to grant this as their data is licensed from the various Hydrographics Authorities. They will be prohibited from giving this away to open source databases. Only use data from your own surveys or from sources that grant access compatible with the OSM license terms.

Malcolm Herring, Developer

Board footer