OpenSeaMap Forum

For new registrations: Please create and activate an account. Afterwards send an email to forum.openseamap@gmail.com including a short message and your username to get write access to this forum. Thanks!
Für neue Registrierungen: Bitte erstelle einen neuen Account und schalte ihn frei. Anschließend sende eine kurze Mail mit deinem Nutzernamen an forum.openseamap@gmail.com um Schreibzugriff für dieses Forum zu bekommen. Danke!

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-09-30 07:23:35

malcolmh

Seamark INT-1 Preset

A new preset is now available that generates the correct tags for nearly all the relevant mappable seamark objects to be found in the IHO INT-1 standard (aka Admiralty Chart NP5011, US Chart #1 (http://www.nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/mcd/ … artNo1.pdf), SHOM Ouvrage 1D (http://www.iho.int/iho_pubs/standard/S- … 5_2012.pdf), etc.).

For this preset to work correctly, the latest version of JOSM must be installed (v7588). After installing JOSM goto Preferences->Map Settings->Tagging Presets and select "Seamarks by Aun 'Skippern' Johnsen, Malcolm Herring" from the left hand list and then click the button between the two lists. When the selected preset appears in the right hand list, click "OK" and restart JOSM.

Malcolm Herring, Developer

#2 2015-06-19 08:40:36

MargusV

Re: Seamark INT-1 Preset

For some reason I am unable to find a preset for daymarks and my current attempt to map these gives no rendered results. Is there some hint to get better results? smile

Last edited by MargusV (2015-06-19 08:41:06)

#3 2015-06-19 09:33:40

kannix
Website

Hi Margus,

for rendering seamark objects within JOSM, you should check styles at https://github.com/OpenSeaMap/josm :

- INT1_MapCSS.mapcss
- PPWBC_MapCSS.mapcss
- BNIWR_MapCSS.mapcss
- CEVNI_MapCSS.mapcss

Hope this helps, Dirk

#4 2015-06-19 10:09:04

malcolmh

Q: Buoys & Beacons->Topmarks (Q9)-> Topmarks in General.

Topmarks & daymarks cannot exist in isolation, they must have a supporting object. In the case of your objects, this would be a special purpose beacon, with a category of "leading". Also you must specify the shape of the topmark/daymark. I have edited your two leading beacons so that you can see how it is tagged. I put place-holder shapes on the topmarks - you will need to edit these to the actual shapes.

Also, I note that many of the buoys have the same value for "seamark:name". This tag should be used for the unique identifier painted on the buoy - this is often just a number.

Malcolm Herring, Developer

#5 2015-06-19 10:39:19

MargusV

Thank You - I saw Your corrections in JOSM already. Very kind of I You, I will use these daymarks as a reference for future use smile. I also plan to photograph all these seamarks, store the photos at our national Openstreetmap server and tag the URL.

Regarding numbers I already tagged numbers under separate tag but will check onsite what numbers do these bouys have painted on them smile. I will also check and correct shapes of seamarks.

- M -

Board footer