OpenSeaMap Forum

For new registrations: Please create and activate an account. Afterwards send an email to forum.openseamap@gmail.com including a short message and your username to get write access to this forum. Thanks!
Für neue Registrierungen: Bitte erstelle einen neuen Account und schalte ihn frei. Anschließend sende eine kurze Mail mit deinem Nutzernamen an forum.openseamap@gmail.com um Schreibzugriff für dieses Forum zu bekommen. Danke!

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-24 15:11:02

mattWrigh77

Hello from sunny Kingston upon Hull!

Hello to all! Looking for guidance on offline navigation and I am playing around with OpenCPN.  I'm a complete novice but having imported some charts I am wondering how (or where) I can get the detail especially when I zoom into the map.  Currently I have used the chart downloader plugin and I have scanned paper charts to play with.  I would like to get this running on a small touchscreen without internet connection if possible.  All guidance welcome.

Matt

#2 2015-09-24 15:25:38

malcolmh

Re: Hello from sunny Kingston upon Hull!

What type of computer will drive your touchscreen?

Malcolm Herring, Developer

#3 2015-09-24 19:49:26

mattWrigh77

Re: Hello from sunny Kingston upon Hull!

Hi Malcolm,  We have a vehicle mount PC at the moment with integrated touchscreen.  It may be underpowered but we were originally testing for land based solutions and thought we would give the marine based charts a try.  We are not looking for an online option and when I tried to run the charts offline the results were not as expected.  Hopefully I am being stupid and missing the obvious.

Board footer