OpenSeaMap Forum

For new registrations: Please create and activate an account. Afterwards send an email to forum.openseamap@gmail.com including a short message and your username to get write access to this forum. Thanks!
Für neue Registrierungen: Bitte erstelle einen neuen Account und schalte ihn frei. Anschließend sende eine kurze Mail mit deinem Nutzernamen an forum.openseamap@gmail.com um Schreibzugriff für dieses Forum zu bekommen. Danke!

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-02-13 14:24:00

OPENMAPAS

I can't edit wrong name in SeaMaps

In Port Ginesta, Barcelona, Spain, I see "Puerto deportivo de Vallbona" and 20 meters at rigth "Port de la Ginesta".
The real name of this port is "Port Ginesta" not "Puerto deportivo de Vallbona" and I don't see this label in JOSM.
Thanks.

#2 2016-02-14 07:51:06

malcolmh

Re: I can't edit wrong name in SeaMaps

Could you please give an exact latitude & longitude of the object in question?

Malcolm Herring, Developer

#3 2016-03-27 12:07:09

AdVerburg

Re: I can't edit wrong name in SeaMaps

OPENMAPAS wrote:

…not "Puerto deportivo de Vallbona" and I don't see this label in JOSM.

You can handle items like this by using http://overpass-turbo.eu/#, and doing this steps:

1. Open overpass with your brouwser

2. Zoom to the area of interest.

3. Click the button Wizard (top left)

4. Type in the new dialog the query: name ~ "deportivo" OR seamark:name ~ "deportivo" and hit the button build and run query.
    The tilde (~) makes that the quoted part already gives a match. (Less typing and typos.)
    The result(s) will show as blue circle(s) or lines. In case it's not found you will be informed.

5. Start (if not already running) your JOSM.
    Note: Edit → Preferences → Remote control → Import data from URL must be ticked.

6. When there is a result you can export this (these) to JOSM by pressing the button Export (top left)

7. Choose in the new dialog JOSM, and then accept the "repair".
    The found item(s) are now transfered to JOSM.

8. Now you can edit the green harbour light.

The object of interest is @ 41.255763, 1.9207948
The text "Puerto deportivo de Vallbona" is from US NGA Pub. 113. 2011-10-20.

Board footer