OpenSeaMap Forum

For new registrations: Please create and activate an account. Afterwards send an email to forum.openseamap@gmail.com including a short message and your username to get write access to this forum. Thanks!
Für neue Registrierungen: Bitte erstelle einen neuen Account und schalte ihn frei. Anschließend sende eine kurze Mail mit deinem Nutzernamen an forum.openseamap@gmail.com um Schreibzugriff für dieses Forum zu bekommen. Danke!

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-03-05 08:39:35

malcolmh

New renderer

I have just published a beta version of the new renderer in its JOSM Imagery Layer plugin form. Please try it out and report any problems, either by opening a ticket here: https://github.com/OpenNauticalChart/S- … ite/issues or a post to this thread. Please provide an OSM file that will cause the problem. If JOSM reports an unexpected exception, please also provide the console output.

To install the plugin, refresh your plugin list and look for "SeaChart" and install it. It is invoked by selecting "SeaChart" in the imagery menu.

The renderer is about 90% complete. Yet to be added are the Brazilian notice marks. You may see some erroneous artefacts in the land area rendering - this is a known problem that I will defer until all the seamark layer rendering is complete.

Malcolm Herring, Developer

#2 2016-03-10 19:32:15

Axel
Administrator

Re: New renderer

malcolmh wrote:

To install the plugin, refresh your plugin list and look for "SeaChart" and install it. It is invoked by selecting "SeaChart" in the imagery menu.

After that I see "SeaChart" in the layer menu. If a right-click it JOSM creates the following crash information:

JOSM wrote:

{{{
URL:http://josm.openstreetmap.de/svn/trunk
Repository:UUID: 0c6e7542-c601-0410-84e7-c038aed88b3b
Last:Changed Date: 2016-02-28 14:07:49 +0100 (Sun, 28 Feb 2016)
Build-Date:2016-02-28 20:07:32
Revision:9900
Relative:URL: ^/trunk

Identification: JOSM/1.5 (9900 de) Linux Ubuntu 15.10
Memory Usage: 346 MB / 1749 MB (185 MB allocated, but free)
Java version: 1.7.0_95-b00, Oracle Corporation, OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
Java package: openjdk-7-jre:amd64-7u95-2.6.4-0ubuntu0.15.10.1
VM arguments: [-Djosm.restart=true, -Djava.net.useSystemProxies=true]

Plugins:
- AddrInterpolation (31772)
- HouseNumberTaggingTool (31772)
- OpeningHoursEditor (31772)
- SeaChart (32105)
- SeaMapEditor (31772)
- Tracer2 (32042)
- buildings_tools (31895)
- fieldpapers (v0.4.0)
- imagery_offset_db (32046)
- turnrestrictions (31895)
- utilsplugin2 (32099)

Last errors/warnings:
- E: java.lang.NullPointerException

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at java.util.Arrays$ArrayList.<init>(Arrays.java:2842)
    at java.util.Arrays.asList(Arrays.java:2828)
    at org.openstreetmap.josm.gui.dialogs.LayerListPopup.<init>(LayerListPopup.java:73)
    at org.openstreetmap.josm.gui.dialogs.LayerListDialog$PopupMenuHandler.showMenu(LayerListDialog.java:1191)
    at org.openstreetmap.josm.gui.widgets.PopupMenuLauncher$1.focusGained(PopupMenuLauncher.java:103)
    at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.focusGained(AWTEventMulticaster.java:220)
    at java.awt.Component.processFocusEvent(Component.java:6405)
    at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6272)
    at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2229)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4872)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2287)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4698)
    at java.awt.KeyboardFocusManager.redispatchEvent(KeyboardFocusManager.java:1887)
    at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.typeAheadAssertions(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:938)
    at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchEvent(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:570)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4742)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2287)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4698)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:747)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$300(EventQueue.java:103)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:706)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:704)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:77)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:87)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:720)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:718)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:77)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:717)
    at org.GNOME.Accessibility.AtkWrapper$5.dispatchEvent(AtkWrapper.java:697)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:242)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:161)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:150)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:146)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:138)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:91)
}}}

Axel Utech, OpenSeaMap developer

#3 2016-03-10 19:45:00

Axel
Administrator

It looks really good!
With this plugin you have a live preview for the seamark layer.

A note for the usage: before you can see anything from that plugin you need to download some OSM data from the server. The plugin will render the OSM regarding the seamarks offline for you.
@Malcolm: Maybe you can add some information like this to your setup-howto. It took me a few tries to get the map displayed because I did not download data from the server.

http://wiki.openseamap.org/wiki/Datei:Screen-JOSM-SeaChart-SchwerinerSee.png

Edit: Add screenshot

Last edited by Axel (2016-03-13 10:56:39)

Axel Utech, OpenSeaMap developer

#4 2016-06-22 10:35:11

lepipasd

Hello all,

I want to use the new renderer, below I describe the process for building:

1. cd path to/jsearch
2. ant
3. copy the produced files to work/ directory
4. cd path to/work
5. download world.osm to work/ directory
6. ./render
7. ./tilegen

Is that correct?

#5 2016-08-22 10:36:17

trailblazr
Website

Hey, really nice work Malcolm!!!

You see me impressed.

Greetings,
Helge

malcolmh wrote:

I have just published a beta version of the new renderer in its JOSM Imagery Layer plugin form. Please try it out and report any problems, either by opening a ticket here: https://github.com/OpenNauticalChart/S- … ite/issues or a post to this thread. Please provide an OSM file that will cause the problem. If JOSM reports an unexpected exception, please also provide the console output.

The renderer is about 90% complete. Yet to be added are the Brazilian notice marks. You may see some erroneous artefacts in the land area rendering - this is a known problem that I will defer until all the seamark layer rendering is complete.

Developer of the OpenSeaMap app for iOS (iPhone, iPod & iPad)
OpenSeaMap app on the AppStore

#6 2016-09-19 11:07:59

vedutadesign

great

trailblazr wrote:

Hey, really nice work Malcolm!!!

You see me impressed.

Greetings,
Helge

malcolmh wrote:

To install the plugin, refresh your plugin list and look for "SeaChart" and   3d rendering chicago install it. It is invoked by selecting "SeaChart" in the imagery menu.

Board footer