OpenSeaMap Forum

For new registrations: Please create and activate an account. Afterwards send an email to forum.openseamap@gmail.com including a short message and your username to get write access to this forum. Thanks!
Für neue Registrierungen: Bitte erstelle einen neuen Account und schalte ihn frei. Anschließend sende eine kurze Mail mit deinem Nutzernamen an forum.openseamap@gmail.com um Schreibzugriff für dieses Forum zu bekommen. Danke!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-11 11:18:32

jsavage

Rendering / Tagging a pole with V and O topmarks for a Leading Line

Hi,
I am trying to add the leading marks for entry to NewTown harbour. neither are currently rendering on the live map so there is obviously something fundamental missing.

Q1. The northerly mark (node 5159938639) is RW with a V as a topmark.
An 'x-shape' is the closest I can find that will render. Triangles render as white squares in JOSM which looks like a rendering omission.  I am not happy with x-shape so what should I tag it as for now?

Q2. Also, how can I get the post and topmark to render as RW?  Tagging as horizontal pattern did not seem to work so have removed that tag for now?

I currently have:

seamark:beacon_special_purpose:colour=red
seamark:name=V on Pole
seamark:topmark:colour=red
seamark:topmark:shape=x-shape
seamark:type=beacon_special_purpose

The southerly post  (node 5159938637) is R with a Circular white disk as a topmark

3. The white disk renders as big white squares in JOSM which also looks like a rendering omission.
What should I tag it as for now?

4.  The southerly post is sighted higher than the northerly post so that the disk sits above the V.  Can this be tagged in some way?

Currently tagged as:

seamark:beacon_special_purpose:colour=red
seamark:name=Disc on pole
seamark:topmark:shape=circle

TIA,

James

#2 2017-10-11 12:11:07

malcolmh

Re: Rendering / Tagging a pole with V and O topmarks for a Leading Line

James,

try this:

seamark:beacon_special_purpose:colour=red;white
seamark:beacon_special_purpose:colour_pattern=horizontal
seamark:topmark:shape=other
seamark:topmark:information=v shape

The topmark will not render as it is not a standard shape, but the tagging will be correct so that any future render/application will work correctly. (Remember the rule: Do not "tag for the renderer" but tag what is actually there)

Also note that the current version of the renderer does not render all topmark shapes - this will have to wait for the mark II renderer.

Malcolm Herring, Developer

#3 2017-10-11 14:48:09

jsavage

Re: Rendering / Tagging a pole with V and O topmarks for a Leading Line

Ok - thanks

Board footer