OpenSeaMap Forum

For new registrations: Please create and activate an account. Afterwards send an email to forum.openseamap@gmail.com including a short message and your username to get write access to this forum. Thanks!
Für neue Registrierungen: Bitte erstelle einen neuen Account und schalte ihn frei. Anschließend sende eine kurze Mail mit deinem Nutzernamen an forum.openseamap@gmail.com um Schreibzugriff für dieses Forum zu bekommen. Danke!

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-10-19 01:54:55

JMcA

?? depth=* doesn't seem to render on the map

Hi,

I have tagged points (nodes) w/ key   depth=3 , but these points don't seem to show on the map?

Also, how do I use 'Marine Profile" option?  Is this feature intended to be an overlay of depth contours?

Thanks,
JMcA

#2 2012-11-03 06:27:14

skippern

Re: ?? depth=* doesn't seem to render on the map

IMO sounding points should generally not be tagged in OSM, just the same as height, though depth of interesting or dangerous objects are of interests just like elevation of peaks, and height of landmarks. Sounding points in general should be stored in a separate database and rendered as a layover in the same fashion SRTM heights are on OpenCycleMap  (Is this what Marine Profile is meant to do? never got it to load)

A. Johnsen aka Skippern
Master Mariner, MWS, Marine Consultant

#3 2012-11-03 11:44:54

JMcA

Marine Profile will show if you invoke it while while looking at a large area of ocean - try the North Atlantic at a scale that shows both Europe and N. America. 

I don't think there is any way to edit the Marine Profile and seemingly the color scale would not allow the finer distinctions a navigator would wish to see in coastal areas.

Whether or not to show soundings may be a valid point for debate, but official charts do display them in many areas.  The render-er apparently ignores them

#4 2012-11-04 14:08:55

Olaf_H

Marine Profile is just a rough overview of water depth. We are working on a own database for collecting depth data via sounding points. It will take some time to keep the infrastructure up and running. The Sounding points will be stored in a separate database. At the moment we are working on a UI to upload the data and on a back end, that will process the submitted data for creating  a depth profile. First results can be seen at:
http://dev.openseamap.org/water_depth/water_depth.php

#5 2013-11-15 06:42:37

Markus
Administrator
Website

#6 2013-12-19 12:41:52

nehaali

nice posts,thanks for sharing .......

You can easily check out our best quality Pass4sure A00-211  exam dumps prepare you well for the real Isaca  exam. You can also get success in real exam of University of Chicago  with the quality.

#7 2013-12-19 13:31:39

Markus
Administrator
Website

New:

NMEA-0183-2-channal Data-Logger

Technical description and Manual
You can order the OpenSeaMap-Logger here
Cost price is 35 €
Writes GPS and Sounder dato to a SD-card.
Gyro sensor included.

Picture of the logger

Best regards,
Markus

Last edited by Markus (2013-12-19 13:34:16)

#8 2014-04-23 20:21:08

Gerard

Logger Installed on the Magic. Next week I'll upload my dept information of the IJsselmeer (NL)

Board footer